Posted by : February 25, 2015
| On :
If you are a mail subscriber to the Monitor, you may not receive your Thursday Monitor in the mail on Thursday. Due to the weather, we are unable to deliver the papers in our normal timely manner to the local post offices, racks and stores. Our plan is for you to receive your Thursday Monitor in the mail on Friday.
Thank you for your understanding of this situation.
Posted by : February 23, 2015
| On :
Lake Area Alcoholics Anonymous will meet at its new location beginning March 1. The new location is at 105 W Mt. Vernon St. in Mabank. Meeting times are noon and 8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 2 and 8 p.m. Sunday, 6:30 p.m. Thursday (11th step) and 6:30p.m. Friday (women’s) Alanon meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. For more information, email email@example.com
Posted by : February 22, 2015
| On :
Hikes in health insurance, raw water prompt rate increase
By David Webb
GUN BARREL CITY–The East Cedar Creek Fresh Water Supply District Board of Directors approved increases to water and sewer rates Wednesday.
The new rates reflect a 5.8 percent increase to the base water rate and an increase of 25 cents per 1,000 gallons and an increase of 4 percent to the wastewater base rate and 15 cents per 1,000 gallons.
The board attributed the need for the increase in rates to a 20 percent increase in employee health insurance rates and a 21 percent increase in raw water costs from the Tarrant Regional Water District. Other supplies used by the district amounted to an average of 5 percent increases by vendors, according to district officials.
The board raised the rates on the recommendation of the finance committee following examination of revenues and expenses.
District officials advised rate increases would be necessary during previous meetings.
The district will post a public notice before implementing rate increases, and the new rates will become effective the following month.
In other action, the board:
• approved a final payment of $14,220 to H&H Electrical Contractors for electrical upgrades required for the new trailer-mounted generator that will be used during outages.
• approved payment of $58,042 to AAA Sanitation for No. 61 and No. 29 Lift Station replacements.
• approved payment of $10,106 to AAA Sanitation for piping at the Brookshire Water Treatment Plant’s sludge transfer station.
• purchased a new one-half ton Colorado pick-up from Caldwell Country Chevrolet.
• approved a payment not to exceed $20,000 to purchase lift monitoring units.
• approved paying AAA Sanitation $2,900 to rehabilitate the Northwest Water Treatment oxidation ditch.
• approved paying $4,175 to Tidy Toilets for hauling wastewater away from Northwest Water Treatment Plant.
• approved paying $1,985 to Siemens for an effluent flow monitor at the Southwest Water Treatment Plant.
• approved the pay scale and organization chart and budget for the new fiscal year 2015-2016
• awarded the annual audit work to Conway Co. CPAs.